I love this book; Richard Dawkins is an amazing writer, but his videos are even better! Hard to believe that 3 months ago I didn’t even know he existed……….. Ah well, live and learn something new and interesting every day.
On page 50-51 of The God Delusion, I found his ‘seven milestones’. Found them interesting, and decided to comment on them.
- Strong theist. 100% probabilty of God. Not sure how anyone could be THAT sure of an unseen beings existance. I know that I never have been, even in my most ‘Christian’ phase of life!
- Very high probability but short of 100%. I don’t think I ever made it this high on the belief meter either……LOL
- Higher than 50% but not very high. I did get this high on the belief meter during my most ‘Christian’ phase. As a matter of fact, I even entered (for 2 years) a cloistered Carmolite Monastery to train as a Carmolite nun. It was so anti-intelectual there though that I left before taking any Vows. It kept occuring to me that I could be ‘marrying’ nothing! Guess I could get points for really, really trying?!
- Lower than 50% but not very low. Guess I have been in this area for the last 15 years or so. The per centage rate has been going down slowly for all of those years………
- Very low probability, but short of zero. Although I hadn’t realized it completely, this has been how I have been living for the last 10 years or so. I still thought that there may be a god, but definately living as though there isn’t one.
- Strong atheist. I suppose if someone could manage to come up with some reliable proof that a deity of some kind exists…….